Thank you for your interest in becoming an author with Phoenix Moirai. We focus on writers and authors, whether first-time or previously published, who write freely, without restraint. We support agented and unagented authors who break boundaries and think outside the box. This does not exclude writers who fit a particular genre, mind you. Their work is as welcome as any other work. We all have our place, and that’s what we love about publishing.
We don’t stop at any one type of story either. Because Phoenix Moirai does not believe in word counts, we publish great stories, regardless of length. From short stories to giant tombs, our only criteria is well-written, cohesive, and limitless stories with engaging, creative characters.
If you’ve been rejected before because of word count, uncategorizable genre, age, or marketability, we want to see what you’ve got. Fill out the form below and send us your manuscript today.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
- Though our focus is genre mutts (whatever your heart desires), we accept all genres in all age groups.
- All manuscript submissions must be in English and previously unpublished.
- Manuscript format: 1.5 or double-spaced 12 point Times New Roman font with author name, title, and page number in the header of each page. Include a cover page with all author contact information.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted for short stories and novellas only. Please inform us immediately if your piece is published elsewhere. Novels submissions must be exclusive to Phoenix Moirai.
- Make sure you select the correct category for your manuscript based on word count:
— short stories: up to 15,000 words
— novellas: between 15,001 and 50,000 words.
— novels: anything over 50,000 words. There is no limit.
- Do not include any links to past work, social media accounts, or websites. Any submission that includes a link will be deleted.
- Manuscript submissions should be complete works. If your manuscript is unfinished or a work-in-progress, please consider joining our platform for feedback, critiques, and additional benefits to help get your manuscript completed and ready to submit.
- If submitting short stories, you may have up to three different manuscripts under review at one time. If submitting a novella or a novel, please wait for a response before submitting another.
- Manuscript submissions will only be accepted via this form. Any manuscripts e-mailed directly (outside of this form) will be deleted without review. Any submissions sent via snail-mail will be destroyed upon reception.